Rough Textured Wall Wraps
Recent advancements in print media have allowed installers to wrap virtually any surface like brick, stucco, poured cement, and cinder block. There are several highly conformable print media options on the market; choosing the correct one will depend on several factors as the intended longevity and Ambiental conditions.
Graphic film applications on rough exterior walls pose unique challenges for manufacturers and installers. But when well executed, these graphics can be visually striking and long-lasting. We only need to invest time and use the proper materials, tools, and techniques for every project stage.
How Rough Textured Wall Wraps Works?
Outdoor Wall Wrap Vinyl is simple for professionals to install. When heat is applied, the Vinyl Wrap adhesive gets bonded with the surface molding the graphic into the underlying wall texture. The vinyl wrap creates a paint-like mural appearance suitable for mural artistry or large outdoor wall signage.
While installing your wrap can be straightforward, we recommend professional installation to ensure proper adhesion. Even on bricks, rough vinyl can be removed, making it ideal for semi-permanent advertising.
Building Vinyl Wraps: Weather Resistant
You will need your textured wrap vinyl adhesive to withstand all weather conditions. Misterstudio Wall Wrap Adhesive Vinyl is a high-performance vinyl that is UV and water-resistant, which makes it an ideal choice for changing weather conditions. Rain or shine, Vinyl Wrap graphics maintain their vibrancy and shine.
You can also use the vinyl indoors in hot or cold conditions. We need to apply it in a moderate temperature range, but after can withstand the hot and coldest days.
Benefits of custom vinyl wall decals include:
- Enhanced durability and UV layer to protect the wall from damage caused by the sun
- Cost-effectiveness that can suit nearly any budget
- Simple installation and easy removal/replacement if needed
- Custom graphics that fit any space
What we do
We print the graphics in our wall wraps on the surface of the vinyl using a wide format printer with Eco-Solvent ink. As the ink dries and cures, it is less susceptible to abrasion and moisture. On top of the vinyl wrap, we add a Laminate to ensure protection and durability. We allow the ink to dry for a few hours before applying the laminate to the vinyl.
Laminate is an overlay of flexible plastic that protects the top layer of vinyl. In addition, laminate provides many other great benefits, including the following:
- Ease of Installation (and Removal): The laminate addition to vinyl makes it thicker, more durable, and easier to apply. The wrapping material is easier to reposition and less prone to bubbles and wrinkles. Removal is also easier when we laminate.
- UV and Abrasion Protection: Laminate extends the life of vinyl by providing excellent UV and abrasion resistance. Without the extra protection, it doesn’t take long for your wall or vehicle wrap to look faded and start to show scratches from road wear. With proper care and cleaning, laminate keeps the vinyl looking vibrant for many years.
- Moisture Resistance: Live in a humid location, or are extreme temperatures an issue? The laminate protects against those conditions, too. The ink on printed vinyl is especially susceptible to moisture. The protective overlaminate seals the vinyl and creates a wipeable surface, ideal for outdoor conditions.
- Variety of Finishes: Laminate is available in different finishes, including gloss, matte, satin, and luster. If you want to create a unique look with less shine, satin or matte are great options.
A MisterStudio expert will assess the specifications for your project and determine the most suitable vinyl film for your vinyl wrap. Please click the Request a Quote button and fill out a short form, and we will contact you in less than 24 hours with a fair proposal.